Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Than a Year - Little to Say

I looked at the blog several days ago and realized that I have posted nothing for more than a year. I could claim I have nothing to say, but that would not be true. Actually, I am trying to follow the guideline that if you have nothing good to say, you should say nothing (or at least very little).

I will share that my life has been challenging over the last year... no two years... no 5 years. Things have gotten particularly difficult since last spring and I have been struggling with how to parent a challenging child without loosing my marriage and my sanity. Some days I just hope to make it to bed so I can pull the covers up over my head.

I apologize if I have ever offered any parenting or relationship advice to anyone. I also suggest that you had probably best forget what I have said. It has become abundantly clear to me in the last 5 years that I know little about either subject. I still have my opinions, but unfortunately no one in the house seems to agree with them.

I have started to try to find more things outside of the home to keep my brain occupied. Work is almost always a good distraction. I have also taken up rowing, which is usually pretty relaxing. I have been reading alot. There is nothing like a good book!!!

Maude

2 comments:

  1. You are still loved. Perfect may be the goal for any of us, doing the best we can in this moment is a wonderful accomplishment.

    I have 20/20 hindsight, but those are not the glasses I get to wear as I move through my days.

    Love you tremendously,
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mavis. 20/20 hindsight is great. Unfortunately I don't possess those glasses and only see these things when I've been bashed on the head by them.

    Know that I think of you often, know that I should call you, and just never seem to find the time. And parenting, relationship, and other advice isn't something I do well with either. What works for one never works for the other and they tend to bring new horrors to my life.

    I love you, Sis.
    -Myrtle

    ReplyDelete