Saturday, June 20, 2009

fraternal twins



I've finally done it. I knit my first pair of truly fraternal twin socks. I think I love them, because they aren't identical although they are both knit from stone washed zauberboll sock yarn. I'm not big on the actual yarn because it tends to separate as you knit with it, but I do love the longer color repeats.

The pattern I used is from Cookie A.'s Sock Innovation book and is called Lindsay. Again I modified the socks. I didn't make the garter stitch cuff, garter stitch short row heels, or garter stitch toes. I also moved the seam line (what I'm calling what the area that was designed to go down the side of the socks) to the back of the sock because I liked that better. I also knit them on two size 0, circular needles, two at a time. Hence, I increased the number of pattern repeats to allow me to use 72 stitches.


Here's a better picture of the pattern. It's a very easy, lacy pattern to knit and I'd consider doing it again with my changes.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment