Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Autumn

Hello folks,

It's Autumn here in the Pacific Northwest. In my neck of the woods the colors are great. Reds, yellows, golds, coniferous greens. The rain has washed away the summer dust allowing the leaf colors to glow.

Two kids, two educational centers, three campuses. Trying to keep track of schedules is challenging. the oldest is taking college physics and college upper level algebra. The youngest is taking college level writing and Shakespeare, Greek drama, trigonometry, American history, clay, and more.

Maude, my youngest is taking about exploring internship opportunities with you. Stayed tuned for more on that later.

I am spinning and knitting. I added much more to my stash at the Sock Summit in August and OFFF in September. I have given in to the fact that I am a colorholic. In a hopefully not to vain attempt to save my wallet contents I have photographed my stash and set up a screen saver that uses these photos in random order. The intent is to remind myself just what fun colors I have immediately available for use.

I frogged a few items that have been nagging me with their incompleteness. What a relief. Other than gift knitting I am trying valiantly not to start anything new before finishing something already in progress. We will see how that goes.

A couple of finished items:

A sweater for a co-worker's new daughter















Helena from Knitty - Summer 2008


Socks for one of my nephews:















Tree Frog colorway from Sereknity Yarn and Fiber purchased from The Loopy Ewe.
Toe-up, short row heel, ribbing at ankle and cuff. I am always amazed to see how the color changes differ depending on stitch count, and stitch type.

That is it for this morning. Off to the dentist for the semi-annual checkup.

-Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment