Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm so humiliated


"I can't believe they are making me wear this! I'm so humiliated! And worse yet, I have to show my face in public." (Thoughts of Tini)

We are experiencing wind chills of -9 right now and Tini has a horrible case of Rain Rot* that we are still trying to clear up. With her hair falling out massively on her rear end, I decided we had to do something immediately to protect her skin. Ultimately the blanket will be cut down to a horse blanket shape and covered with ripstop nylon to make a horse blanket for her. But this is what she gets for today.

Hopefully later I figure out how to upload a movie and you all can see how boys with horses entertain themselves after the first decent snowfall of the season (4 inches maybe).

-Myrtle

*Rain Rot - A fungal infection caused by too much water next to the skin on the coat of a thick furred animal.

For us, Tini (an now Izzy has a lesser case) had been growing her winter coat of fur when we had lots of late fall rain. This wonderful, wet, weather caused many animals in our area to end up with Rain Rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment