Saturday, January 16, 2010

My baby is growing up

I officially have a college student. This year has been one of multiple learning experiences for us as a family as he went about getting his learners permit, learning how to drive, and finally obtaining his drivers license. And now he's enrolled for two classes as a dual enrollment student at our local community college. He's planning at this point on becoming an engineer of some sort. He's still not sure exactly which field of engineer he wants yet, but that too will come.

He's accomplished many things in the past 17 years and taught us so much along the way. I just can't believe that he's starting classes on Tuesday. I still remember his being born and at that time I wasn't thinking about what lay ahead of us. I was just so excited to hold my first child and smell that new baby smell.

Time has moved quickly forward and in several years he'll be off on his own, but for now I'm still enjoying the hugs and his wanting to tell me his joys and frustrations in life.

So my baby is growing up; time moves forward; and I'm enjoying the small things in life that make me realize how lucky I am to have the wonderful family I have.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment