Friday, May 22, 2009

Knitting Update



I finally finished my Wanida socks. Yes, I've completed two other projects in between because I grew to dread knitting on these socks. I finally told myself either finish them or frog them and because I like the design and the yarn and the fact I was 3/4ths of the way done with them any way, I finished them.



I also finished my Estonian Lace Scarf that I knit to go with my classic lines cardigan. (I need to really retake this photo.)




Now I've started my Purple Rose of Loopy socks out of Hand Maiden Yarn in the W(h)ine the Rose colorway (which I received as part of the consulation package for those of us who didn't get into the Loopy Ewe's sock club). I used the Turkish cast on, because it was the only thing that looked like the Kitchener stitch when I finished it. But I'm not sure I like the square looking toe or toe up socks. We'll see if I actually complete the socks. I've never completed a pair of toe up socks. I always end up frogging them. But we'll see. I seem to be on a roll of trying new things and making myself complete them.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment