Monday, May 4, 2009

A Successful Walk for Breast Cancer




Mavis and Myrtle,

I had a very successful Walk for Breast Cancer. My feet are still a bit tired, but all in all I had a great weekend. Saturday we walked a full marathon in very good, not too hot weather. The crowds and support teams were great so that even when we were getting tired there was some very positive encouragement to keep us going. And when I got to the Wellness Village where we were camping, there was a "tent angel" who carried my bag and the tent to the tent site and set up the tent for me. It was a good thing since my body and brain were out of it and I am not sure how long it would have taken me to do it on my own.
On Sunday we walked another half marathon in the rain. Inspite of the weather I really enjoyed that walk.
The upper photo is of me with my co-workers Latoya and Nancy who also did the walk as part of Team MOB. The lower picture is me with the other members of the K Street Team, Robbie and Maureen.
Maude


1 comment:

  1. Maude,

    I haven't said this before, but congratulations. I'm so happy that all of you made it and you look like you had a wonderful time.

    -Myrtle

    ReplyDelete