Tuesday, April 14, 2009

checking in

Maude - 18 miles and in inclement weather. - I'm impressed!
Too bad about the socks. How about a Claptois found at Knitty.com? You probably don't have enough yarn for a full size Clapotis, but I am hearing of people making them narrower and maybe not as long. Ravelry would be be your friend in working on this process.

Myrtle - Wow! good work on Mystic Waters. A local yarn store has Misti Alpaca on sale for $5/skein this month. Want to do another laceweight shawl? ;-) The Anne Hanson Caricia shawl in the pinks and lavenders of the Damsel colorway will be beautiful.

Me (Mavis) - I am waiting to hear whether I have interviews in this go round of nursing school applications. I'm halfway seriously thinking of moving to a more rural area where the competition for nursing school slots is not as great. I think Coos Bay, Oregon looks nice. Too bad my kids are so entrenched here.

On the knitting front I still have far too many projects going. I am trying to be a bit more monogamous and finish a few. I am also thinking of frogging a few more. I did frog one scarf I had in the works because it was becoming quite clear the yarn/needle size/pattern combo was just not working. Now I have to decide if I want to begin it again on smaller needles or finish the orange/green chevron scarf I posted about earlier. The intended recipient saw both and while she liked the color of the yarn in the now frogged scarf she returned her attention several times to the chevron scarf. My coloring is not appropriate for me to think of wearing the orange myself. I guess I have made this decision - haven't I?

Finally - Does anyone have a handyperson that would jump at the chance to do some projects around here in exchange for a place to use as a homebase during a trip to Oregon? Must be able to competently work on plumbing related chores. I know I am capable of doing these things, but it would go so much faster if an experienced being did them. :-)

-Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment