Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's finished!

Yes, I've finally finished my Mystic Waters Shawl made with Misti Alpaca yarn, which I started for the first time over 3 years ago. In January I frogged it entirely and started again. I then knit on it for several weeks in January to only put it away again. I decided at the end of March that if I didn't start knitting on it again it would never get done, so it's the only knitting I've been doing for the past several weeks. Today I finished it and blocked it with my new lace blocking wires. I'm so happy and tomorrow I'll be wearing it for Easter.

I'll take pictures of it outside tomorrow, but for tonight I had DS2 model it, since he's only a few inches taller than I am. I was surprised by it's size and I didn't even stretch it much as I blocked it. On DS2 the shawl comes about 8 inches from the floor.

I love the shawl and it was well worth the effort and time I put into it, but I'm ready for an easier lace pattern for awhile. However, I'm sure I'll try another pattern by Anna Dalvi again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, did that turn out beeeeooootiful! Very motivating. I have a lace shawl that I put away a few months ago about 1/3 done. I would love to be wearing it on these cool evenings we've been having... I wonder how fast I could get it done! :)

    ReplyDelete