Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emotionally Exhausted

I feel emotionally exhausted. Probably caused by just being physically drained, but I can say today is not the day I want to interact with people.

Yesterday was a travel day for me from MO to Southern CA. Part way there I found out my schedule was redone due to a clients server crashing and causing their data to be corrupted. So instead of being in the LA area, I took the 3+ hour drive out to the Palm Springs area (through rush hour traffic). Today I'm sitting at the client site trying to get their database restored using an old backup. Luckily for me, computers don't require me to interact with them as humans do.

Maude, you asked how I find time to knit. The really found time tends to be airplanes, airports, and hotel rooms. It's amazing how much you can do when you travel all the time. I also will admit that I spent the past several weeks working to get it finished off because I was afraid it would become a UFO and I really didn't want that to happen. I enjoy the mentally challenging projects as long as I can do some mindless ones periodically. I have to also admit I like the photo I put up even if it's not of great quality. There is something about a guy wearing the shawl that just seems quirky to me and I enjoy that.

Currently I'm knitting another shawl, but the lace design is much simpler and it's on a thicker weight yarn, so I'll probably finish it this business trip. It's the one Mavis posted about the other day. I'll get pictures up when I finish it. I've knitted 1.5 skeins of the yarn so far and figure I'll get maybe the mid sized shawl in the long run after blocking. I like the yarn in this project better than the socks it originally started as. Yes, I frogged the 1/2 way completed socks and went the green route of reusing the yarn. If I ultimately don't like the completed shawl, I'll frog again and find something else the yarn desires to be.

Mavis, I'm thinking I might have to look at another Anna Dalvi pattern for another more complicated (highly challenging project). If so, I'll probably use the Misti Alpaca again. Do you have a link to the shop with the sale so I can view colors of yarn? Otherwise, I'll just look for colors on line and figure out what might work.

Oh, Maude, I forgot, congratulations of working out in the inclement weather. I will admit I'm willing to go out in the misty stuff, but serious rain tends to keep me home. I'm working on week 4 of the Couch Potato to 5K running plan. I'm sure this week of the plan will be like the rest with me taking 2 weeks to finally feel comfortable running the runs, but I am getting back into shape. I forgot how much I enjoyed running. I'm still taking walks around our property when I'm home, but this gets me out when I travel more than I normally do.

Have a great day all.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment