Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone!

We woke up to a really cool, but very sunny morning. I just about froze in my Easter clothes. Fortunately the day warmed up enough for everyone to go out and hunt for Easter eggs at Grandmommy's in the afternoon. Grandmommy would have been very disappointed if that had been canceled. I think she searches for hiding places all year and she is thrilled when there is a long search for the last 2 or 3 eggs. Today the small childeren (6 and under) beat out the older kids (up to 30 under grandmommy's rules) in finding eggs.

Yesterday J and I set out for an 18 mile training walk. By mile 2 it was raining pretty constantly, but mile 5 (and about 1.5 miles short of a nice dry Starbucks) we decided to turn around and head back for another 5 sloshy miles home. It was pretty fun all in all.

Myrtle that is a beautiful shawl you made. It does look like a pretty complicated project and I am impressed that you have completed it as quickly as you did. I am not at all sure where you find the time to knit.

As for my projects ... I came to the realization on Friday that the sock I started in January, and restarted in late February will never be finished and even if it was, it would never be part of a pair. I was just not that into socks. So yesterday I ripped it out and today I restarted it as a scarf. A scarf I can finish ... I think. If not, I guess I take it apart and knit something else. That is actually a fairly standard practice for me. My family teases me all the time about restarting projects. I think of it as going green by reusing the same yarn until it eventually becomes what it was meant to be.

Spring breaks are over for the kids so it is back to the grindstone for C and K. C is looking forward to his last term of high school and has decided on Longwood University for the fall. K is doing well at her "new school" and is regaining confidence that she is really pretty smart. I guess that she believes it better from her teachers than when her parents tell her the same thing.

- Maude

No comments:

Post a Comment