Monday, January 17, 2011

Humm, I like this theme of avoiding homework. My contribution to this blog is prompted by:
1) My life being very challenging right now
2) Homework is Hard. I did most of it earlier but now I have to read "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau.
3) My own blog is about to be under deconstruction and moved.
And now on to the fun stuff!
The bad news:
I am taking way to many credits this term in a wide verity of classes consisting of Architectural Hand Drafting, Geology, US History II: the Civil War and Reconstruction, and Art History: American Residential Architecture. Three of these classes are asking for term projects as well as normal homework. "When are you going to do those?" you ask. Well to tell the truth...I have no idea.
The other piece of bad news is that I've been having gut problems. I was gluten and milk free for the last month or so. It was getting better and now it's worse again which means back to the doctor. The next step is either starting treatment for an Ulcer, an Endoscopy, or a Gastroscopy. The last two really don't sound fun, but not being able to eat isn't fun either and I am desperate enough now to try them. Being uncomfortable, in pain, or nauseated all the time really colours your view of the world and not for the better I'm sad to say.
The in between news:
A Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy I am very close to, she'd been living with me about half time for the past 6 months, was recalled for formal training last weekend. While I'm sad that I don't get to have her again and that Tazzi wont see her again, she taught him how to play which is a major break through for him, I delighted that she is getting to do what she was trained to do. She's currently being evaluated as a breeder, but if she doesn't do that I'm certain that she'll become a guide. A guide dog puppy becoming a working guide isn't as easy as it sounds, they have to have the right temperament, the right energy level, the right enthusiasm and a perfect bill of health, I think Delphine has all of those and she's a sweetie to boot.
And now what you've all been waiting for....The Good News!
My dietary requirements have given me a great opportunity to look at new and exciting ways of cooking.
I think my college major is going to be middle eastern studies, and maybe minoring in musical theatre or ecology. I'm working on my college transfer applications, so if all goes well I'll be moving next fall to either Corvallis, Oregon or Iowa.
And the biggest news of all. *do a drum roll in your head or on a table if your at one, please* I'm getting my own Guide Dog puppy in February. All I know right now is that its a female yellow lab that somewhere around 4 to 6 months old. I hope she has a good name. Because guide dogs has so may puppies and they don't reuse names until the owner of the name dies you can get some pretty weird names. A puppy in my puppy raising club is named "Trumpet", I just don't see that as a girls name. Another puppy I've heard about was named "Vulcan". By contrast I think Delphine is a perfectly wonderful name :) I hope she and Tazzi get along.
That's about it for now.

Delphine on a hay ride in Octobler
Tazzi and Delphine taking a breather after chasing each other all over the yard.

- Margolotta


4 comments:

  1. I know you don't me, I know one of your sisters. But I was very interested to see the subjects you are studying. I am quite interested in Architecture and really want to study it fully later when my youngest is able to homeschool independently.

    What sort of work are you intending to do on completion of your studies? Or are you just following your own interests in learning?

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually Mavis' daughter, sorry I didn't mention that.

    I really don't know what I'm going to do after school. I'm just following my whim really. All I really know is that I'd like to travel in the Middle East for a while and I'm looking at architecture or interior design for graduate school.

    -Margolotta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Jen, I should have told you my eldest sister, Mavis, has a daughter, Margolotta, who hijacked our blog. But because we all lover her so much, we choose to let her stay. Who could reject someone who created so a fun name for herself. And she was there when Mavis and I decided to start this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margolotta,

    I am so happy that you are getting a guide dog to raise. You will be such a wonderful foster mom as she learns basic obedience, socialization, and such.

    It's also fun to hear what you are planning on doing with your future. However, on the more immediate future side you might want to consider heliobactor as the cause of your gut issues. It's the most common cause of uclers and easily treated. I was right after either son one or son two was born. (Oh, that felt like a Dr. Suess moment with Thing One and Thing Two.)

    -Myrtle

    ReplyDelete