Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life as a Seminarian

In mid December I finished my first class as a seminarian. I was happy to put Greek behind me, although I will take several more classes which require me to know Greek as we'll be doing translations. I'm currently working through 2 classes (preaching and education). They are both part of my two week intensive time on campus in the frozen tundra.

My first week has been spent learning to set boundaries between myself and my church as they experienced their first crisis since I started working there in July. It's been challenging to say the least and by the end of the week I was learning to deal with them only on my terms so it was no longer messing with my sleep. (Too many nights of 2 hours sleep was playing havoc with my studies.)

I'm actually posting currently because I'm procrastinating. I know I need to work on one of my three papers for this coming week's preaching class, but I just don't feel like studying. Added onto that I need to create a posting for FeAutor and I'm not sure what I want to create there to upload. So instead I decided to let my families and friends know how I'm doing.

Have a blessed day.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment