Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ridiculous Obsession or Procrastination?

Procrastination is a beautiful thing!



Ridiculous Obsession is maybe even better.

This is what I've done when the homework was getting the better of me. I like to think the creative process was good use of my time and allowed me to assimilate what I was covering in the homework. Please don't disabuse me of this idea. I'll cry if you do.

The day I finished the plying of the Gale's Art Blue Face Leicester / Tussah Silk (75/25) blend in the Grape Vine color a pattern whose design process I've been watching was completed and posted. The pattern is by Hanna Breetz of the Evergreen Knits blog. It called Vermont Shawl. See pictures of it at Hanna's blog or on Ravelry

I am crazy in like with this shawl and I can't exactly figure out why. I am calling the one I am knitting Grape Vine in Vermont. Combo of the Grape Vine colorway name and the Vermont of the shawl name.

By the way this is the first larger project I've knit from my handspun. Maybe this is another reason why I am excited about the project. I've knit 4 hats and a scarf from my handspun all in worsted to bulky weights. This one is a heavy lace/light fingering weight.

BACK TO THE BOOKS... 2 quizzes to take before the end of the day.

-Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment