Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lavender Guinea Chicks


I really should quit taking DS4 shopping with me. While at the farm supply store today DS4 saw the lavender guinea chicks. We currently have pearl and white guinea fowl. I looked at them and decided we didn't really need them although it would be nice to have another color to our flock.

I came home and told DH about the chicks and he asked why I didn't get them and I told him I didn't think we needed them since we were trying to hatch our our own eggs. (I have 36 in the incubator and the guineas are sitting on another clutch in the hen house.) He still thought I should get them.

I ended up harvesting the onions and watching our guineas as they foraged the forest around my smaller garden. Boy was that a mistake. With DH's permission and then thinking about these birds, I decided to call the farm store to see if they still had any. They did and I'm now the proud owner of 10 lavender guinea fowl.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment