Monday, July 13, 2009

Scarves


I'm knitting on a lace scarf and I keep wondering why people like knitting scarves. I'm about 2/3rds finished with it now and am totally bored with it. I love the design and will probably take the pattern and incorporate it into the front pattern on some socks. But I can't wait to be done with this scarf. I'm starting to believe it's the fact that I'm constantly feeling like I'm going back and forth on it. It's only 29 stitches wide, so really takes no time to do a row. But there is a break in my thoughts every time I have to turn the work and purl back. Maybe that's why people learn to knit rows backwards. :)

(Note: the scarf pattern is from the Summer 2009 Pieceworks magazine and the yarn is Knitpicks Gloss Lace in the Sterling Colorway.)


I finished these lace wrist warmers and I enjoyed that project although the lace pattern was much easier. The only thing that would have made them more enjoyable is if I'd knit them both at the same time. The pattern is out of the Summer 2009 Pieceworks magazine and I used some of the extra Knitpicks yarn from my classic cardigan in the midnight colorway.

The other project that I finished this past week was the Glynis socks from the Sock Innovations book. However, I really don't remember the yarn brand. Now I just need to find the label so I can credit the right company. The colors in this sock remind me of grandma's table cloth that was blues and greens with just a little gold to it. I finished knitting them about her birthday, so maybe they are my Grandma Mac socks. :)

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment