Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow! I can't believe I have the first 130 rows finished. It's amazing what one can accomplish in a hotel room while listening to a book on tape and focusing on knitting for 2.5 hours. I'd never accomplish this at home with the boys around and everything else I need to do. For one, I'd never have 2.5 hours to just knit in without interruption.

The shawl now measures 18 inches in length and over 24 inches in width all unblocked. I'm beginning to think that a smaller shawl might be more than enough considering I still have another 134 rows to go before adding an additional 8 inches of edging. That would put the shawl at a 44 inches in length unblocked and I'm guessing close to 60 inches in length after blocking. I could be way off here, since I've never made a shawl like this before.

I will say I'm finally exciting about making the shawl again. I know the probability of my getting this much done another evening isn't high. But I still can see the shawl actually being finished which a week ago I didn't see when I packed the shawl in my luggage. I packed it more to get it off my needles than having it continue to sit as a UFO in my knitting basket, but I wasn't looking forward to working on it. I really dreaded it. I should have ripped it out ages ago and need to remind myself of this in the future when I'm not satisfied with a project.

I guess I should be off for the night. I need to work on my essay again in the morning.

-Myrtle

1 comment:

  1. Your life lines in there look lovely!! LOL! ;) OK, seriously, it's turning out beautiful, and you absolutely have to finish it this time. If just this starting triangle looks so lovely, just imagine the full thing! From your very own hands!! I can't wait to see it one day!

    ReplyDelete