Monday, January 19, 2009

What does one write in a blog? For me, I'll do the first post so no one else has to do it. I'm Myrtle, the youngest of the sisters.

I am the mother of 4 boys ranging from 6 to 16, who all homeschool. This has been our lifestyle for the past 9 years.

We live in Missouri on a small homestead. This move came after living in California and having neighbors crowded around me, I needed space to live. It also helped to have traveled for the past 4 years in a trailer with everyone in a really small enclosed space. So we choose the homesteading life so I could raise animals, try to live off the land, and have my space. Currently we own chickens, guinea fowl, and a dog. Some day I hope to have goats, sheep, and alpacas. Although my sons are pushing for several horses.

And so my sisters know I am currently in the process of applying for seminary to get a Masters of Pastor Studies. I'm looking at the possible future work in the field of Christian Education or a Chaplaincy, we'll see where I ultimately go.

No comments:

Post a Comment