Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Cold! I flew back to MO yesterday and arrived just in time to experience a new cold wave arriving and bringing snow. Although all we've had is snow flurries so far, it's still only in the mid 20's for our high today.

My third son baked me a coming home cake and my first son had fun decorating it.

I worked on my shawl the first leg of my trip since I had no one else in my row of seats and could spread out the pattern. My shawl most likely won't be worked on for the next several weeks, but I'm hoping to get some time in on it at some point soon again. After knitting rows 195-201 multiple times, trying to get all the stitches right, I finally did it. I'm officially on row 205 now.


However, it was working on a new pair of socks for the second leg because it was a very full flight. These socks are from the last Rockin' Sock Club of 2008 shipment. They are using the Holidaze pattern and the Autumn Muddy Rainbow Blue Moon yarn. I think I'll call them my ThreeForks sock because the pink color is basically the same salmon pink color of my ThreeForks shirt and they will also easily go with my green and blue ThreeForks shirts as well.
Mavis is trying to talk me into going to the 2009 Sock Summit in OR. I'm even thinking about it. So Maude, do you want to join me and see about making it a mini retreat weekend with Mavis and I?
-Myrtle

1 comment:

  1. Do you do all your socks on circular needles? My current pair is set up like that, and I think I like it. I think it would've been easier to use two shorter ones, though. Right now the 29" one is getting on my nerves. I wonder how it would work if I used two 16" ones and color coded them somehow.

    ReplyDelete