Thursday, March 26, 2009

handpainted yarns day

Saturday the 21st was handpainting day with some good friends. This was to have been a pre-Christmas activity. The weather here and the closed freeway between our homes changed the plans for the holiday period.

Sarah, Eva, my daughter and I handpainted sock yarn (fingering weight) from KnitPicks. Merino/Silk Bare and Merino/Nylon Bare. We used Jacquard Dyes. I was lead on this project and we did pretty well. I can't say I recommend the level of prep I did (reading 2 books 3 months ago and 3 websites the day of) but still...


Merino/Nylon on the left and Merino/Silk on the right soaking in vinegar water getting ready for the dyeing process


Here are the results:

All of these are Merino/Silk






These are Merino/Nylon




-Mavis

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun dyeing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, I forgot to log out after doing my ohen stuff.

    ReplyDelete