Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quick Update

Hi All! I just thought that I would give a quick update on my life and my knitting.

This past week I spent at a client site in south eastern KY. It was suppose to be a 3 day site visit to do hands on training with the financial aid department. However, it turned out to be more work than I was expecting since the software had not been completely set up. Hence, I'm leaving in an hour for the airport to head back for another 3 days.

Last week I worked on socks during my down time, which wasn't much since I was also working after hours to prepare for my next day on site for my client. But I finished them as I drove home from the airport on Friday night. They are made from Paca Ped's Singin' the Blues yarn with a sock pattern I design knit on a size 0 circular needle doing two at a time. The top has a picot edge, while the main portion has an 8 stitch repeating lace pattern over 12 rows.

Then Friday evening I started a new pair using the same lace pattern but having a 2x2 rib for the first 1.5 inches instead of my picot edging. These are knit using Regia yarn color 5033. I'm working on the heel flap now, but thought I'd also include a picture of those.



For knitting I'm taking my shawl again along with some fiber to work on a drop spindle. I'm not sure what I want to do. I also have enough yarn for another pair of socks just in case I just want to knit socks.

We now have 4 chickens set up to brood eggs. Two chickens will be brooding chicken eggs, while the other two will be brooding guinea fowl eggs. I tried the guinea fowl in the boxes, but they tend to be high strung birds and weren't coping with limited freedom very well, so they were replaced with 2 Rhode Island Red hens. I'm not sure how successful we'll be, but we figured it would be fun to try. We'll know if we are successful in about one month. If this doesn't work we are considering getting an incubator or purchasing more chicks or a combination of both. I'd really like to raise two or three turkeys, plus we are thinking about adding a little more variety to our current flock so chicks would be the way to go.

I wasn't able to get any more planting done, but I should be home Thursday afternoon. I'll work on planting starter plants and spring veggies before I leave next Sunday for California.

Have a great several days.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment