Monday, March 30, 2009

Yarn Update

I talked with KnitPicks this morning and they will be sending me a new skein of damsel yarn. Hopefully it will match one of the other two skeins I already have. If not, I've decided I'll be making a scarf with the yarn instead of socks. Not what I'd originally planned to do, but a good alternative and I do like the colors of both skeins. I just wish they'd matched. I'm glad they are such an easy company to work with.

As for weather, today we are bright and sunny and already 54 degrees. It's suppose to be mid 60's today and seems like we'll easily make it. What a difference one day can make here.

And one last update on life here on the homestead. The onions are now about 4 inches tall in the salad garden. I don't see any beets yet, but I'm hoping they'll start peeking through the ground this week. The tomatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli are coming through nicely in my indoor containers. We're still waiting on the peppers, but they do take longer to germinate. Maybe this week I'll finally go out and buy the rest of my spring gardening seeds so we can move along with the gardens, which currently are too wet to work in, but it would be nice to have the seeds ready.

Have a great day.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment