Sunday, March 29, 2009

Winter doesn't think it's over yet

It's March 29th and this is what I woke up to this morning. It was raining when I went to bed and I awoke to a pretty white world. It's now all melted, but I enjoyed the beauty while it lasted.


I finished these on the last trip, but I'm not sure I ever posted about them. They were made with Regia yarn.This is what I started my road trip with this past week. I forgot how much I hate knitting plan 2x2 ribbed male socks. But I do like the final outcome, so I guess I'm glad I made them.I started this midweek and it didn't take long to finish them. They were done before I even had a chance to think about them. Maybe because I was so tired of plan 2x2 socks, that these were fun to just knit. I also worked on my mystic waters shawl while I was gone. At the time this picture was taken I was at row 231 and I'm now at row 246. Another 100 rows or less and I'll be done. :)And finally for my disappointing knitting that I did on the way home from my last business trip. I am knitting with Knit Picks Imagination Damsel, both skeins from the same dye lot, but they are definitely two different colors. I'll be talking with KnitPicks tomorrow to let them know about this situation because it made for some extremely hard airplane knitting when I knew my work wouldn't look right but I needed something to do while I was on the plane and this was the only yarn I had other than my shawl which isn't airplane knitting.

And then for my other news. I will be teaching three ladies in Southern California how to knit lace shawls. This should be a fun change. All of them have knit at some point in their past but haven't knit for years. It all started with one of them admiring my shawl and wanting me to make one for them, but I finally convinced her to knit her own. As her co-workers found out I had requests to teach two more, so we'll be starting this endeavor later this month when I travel back to Southern CA.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment