Friday, March 6, 2009

Rainbow Sherbet Socks


I stayed up and finished by Rainbow Sherbet socks last night. I wanted them off the needles so I can knit the key ring sock blocker socks. The two major modifications I made to these socks are the toe and heel design. I switched to a heel flap design for the heel and then decided to use the pattern all the way down the heel. I've never done this before except when doing a ribbed heel. Then I also added the pattern all the way down the toe so there was no distinct line where the toe starts. In this case I decreased the top of the toe using the pattern and when it became a single stitch in the pattern descreased those as well with a k2tog. I like the way they turned out even if I'm not a rainbow sherbet colorway fan. Pastels just aren't the colors I enjoy wearing.

I also decided to do a side by side comparison of what the socks look like on a sock blocker compared to having the picture taken like I normally do. Wow! I knew I wasn't seeing the pattern well before, but I didn't realize it was so dramatically different.

Off to knit a cute sock. And I don't even have to worry about single sock syndrome, since I'll only need one. :)

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment