Sunday, February 22, 2009

Airplane Knitting

Flying definitely is a great time for me to knit. Today I finished over half of my second sock. I'm liking the pattern and the colorway (Opal - Winter); although there was way more orange than I imagined when I looked at the yarn online.

I also am having a chance to try the magic loop method, although my next set of socks on the magic loop will be two at once. I really hate knitting the second sock by itself. That was the reason I started knitting on two circular needles to begin with.

I also decided that size zero is the same gauge as size one for me. I just don't do gauge right and am having the same issue here as I did with a sweater years ago. I knit 4 swatches for that sweater on 4 different size needles 5, 6, 7, and 8 and all 4 gauge swatches were the same. Well the same has happened here with my new size zero addi turbo needles. I'm getting the same gauge with them as I do with size one addi turbo needles. Argh. I really do have an interesting way of knitting when the size of the needle doesn't seem to affect the gauge.


After I finish this sock, the rest of my week will be working on my shawl. Then I'll go home with another set of socks to knit on the plane. I just need to decide which of two yarns and several sock patterns I brought with me to use. But I did well the last time I traveled working on my shawl, so I'm hoping for the same luck this time.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment