Saturday, February 7, 2009

Work Musings

Last fall I worked for a college scanning and editing books for LD students. I'm doing so again this spring and so is Mr. Myrtle. I truly enjoy this and find I feel I'm doing something worth whiled. Alas, this is only a temporary job and in the next several days it will be finished until fall.

This takes me to my second part time job. I'm getting so frustrated with them. Last fall when I interviewed, I explained to them I had another job and that it required traveling approximately once a month for a week. I told them I'd give them as much notice as I could about the travel dates, but I'd need those times off. All went well until this past week. I was told they wouldn't give me my days off in February because I didn't give them enough notice. (I gave them over 4 weeks). They then told me that I hadn't explained to them before I took the job about my required travel for the other one. Argh! That is the one thing I did and they accepted it.

So now I most likely will be quiting my second part time job because I believe they are going to push me over the fact I "will" be gone those dates whether they like it or not. This wasn't my plan; however, I feel like it will be what I have to do.

There is another side of me though that isn't bothered by this. I received my w2's this past week. In 5 weeks of work at the college last fall I made 1/3rd more than I made working 8 weeks at this other job. I then realized that maybe what I needed to do was push more towards my tutoring job possibilities and allow whatever happens to this job happen.

I just wish this wasn't an issue. I'd rather be thinking about the possibility of attending seminary in the fall.

So on a positive note, working as a textbook scanner I get some knitting time (as long as I don't mind if it's only a row or so at a time.) I finally finished my ThreeForks socks (named that because I have 2 shirts which match colors in the socks.)

The photos were taken with a cell phone, so please excuse the bad lighting. The partially finished socks show the true colors. It was taken with a real camera. I'll have to find it back and take the other pictures again.

-Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment