Monday, February 2, 2009

February 1

It is definitely still winter here! Not as cold as Myrtle's, but brrr. I am a fair weather person. I do wonder how I ended up with an outdoor job. Thank goodness for silk long underwear - warm and thin enough to fit under a uniform.

The good thing is we still have light in the sky at 5:40pm. Thank goodness we are on the increasing light side of the winter solstice! Dec 21 it was definitely DARK at 5:40pm. Of course the clouds and snow meant we did not even see the sunset on Winter Solstice nor sunrise the next day. We even had sunny times off and on this week. Snow, rain, and heavy fog too, but yippee sunshine!

I am dealing with winter by adding color to my life via knitting. I have another serious case of startitis - 2 more pairs of socks (1 green and 1 lavender) and a pair of colorwork fingerless mitts (turquoise and gray). I'll have to take photos and post them soon.

-Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment