Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Much is Too Much?



How much is too much? I suppose the answer is determined by the subject of "how much".

Some music genres - the answer is 'more than 30 seconds.'
Chocolate - not sure it is possible to ever have too much.
Cold - if I can't get warm and stay warm then it is too much.
Much the same with warm - if I can't get cool and stay cool...

Money - I haven't had the chance to find out if there is a personal too much. I imagine the line occurs when others assume you want to give a larger amount to them.

But the subject today is yarn. Now if you know me you might be surprised I would even ask if there is such a thing as too much yarn. But I think this approximately 7 cubic feet of fingering weight/sock yarn might tend toward the excessive. Funny how it can look like so much and so little at the same time.

I decided to search all the bags and cubbyholes for fingering weight/sock yarn and sort by color. I thought I should get a more realistic idea of just what I do have in the stash. Wow, there is quite a bit! The interesting thing is that in finding all of these skeins I didn't have many "I forgot I had this" moments.

I still want to set up an inventory list. I am not really type A enough to give up sleep to do the data entry for that. I guess I have an alternate project if I need a break from knitting the 20+ UFOs.

Now about the two humongous boxes of worsted, DK, and sport weight that are still packed up for the unrealized sale of house and move of 2 years ago... Can anyone say possibly 19 cubic feet? I need turbo fingers and just a bit more free time. :-)

-Mavis

1 comment:

  1. Mavis, I have it on authority that what you've shown is *not* too much yarn. There's no such thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete