Thursday, February 5, 2009

My first male sock knitter sighting

I've seen people knitting before and I've even seen female sock knitter's, but this was a first for me. Matt graciously allowed me to take a picture of him knitting his first pair of socks. When the picuture was taken he was maybe 4-5" in on the cuff, now he's turned the heel and starting on the foot of his first socks.
Thanks Matt, for letting me share a first for me.
-Myrtle, who just realized years ago when I first started knitting socks it was a male sock knitter (husband of the yarn store I used) who taught me to how to do the kitchener stitch, so I guess Matt is really the second male I've met who knits socks

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Matt! Congrats on your first sock! This is a common sight for me. There's a pleasant young man (15, I think?) who comes to Friday Night Stitch Out at my LYS.

    ReplyDelete