Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bush Fires


photo from www.ltscotland.org.uk/

The bush fires of Australia have been on my radar. EMS and fire is part of two of our families. I am an EMT-Basic working with a private ambulance company. Until time constraints kicked into overdrive I volunteered with my local fire department. Mr Myrtle is a volunteer fire-fighter and re-certifying for his EMT-B. Mr. Myrtle had the opportunity to train with an Australian fire department in a bush fire drill when he and Myrtle were in the country for a business trip.

Given all this I was primed and ready when I saw an appeal on Jacqueline's blog. She is asking for donations to the Australian Red Cross. As an incentive to knitters she is offering knitter related prizes. Prizes are fun but the monetary help to Australian Red Cross is the point. If you follow Stephanie's blog you know how much we knitters can do as a group. (over 1/2 million US to Médecins Sans Frontières as Tricoteuses Sans Frontières or Knitters Without Borders in the last 3 years)

The exchange rate this morning was 6.70 US to 10 Aus. Over $9000 raised in this appeal as of this morning.

-Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment